Vietnamese Coffee Filter
Tired of the pour-over coffee drippers? Time to try this Vietnam Coffee Drippers(coffee maker). It is a unique brewing style, not only because of its elegant looking but also because it doesn't need the delicate pour-over skills any more. The pressure plate design helps to shape coffee powder into a pie and spread water evenly. The Vietnam coffee dripper(coffee maker)can be seen as a hybrid between plungers and drip coffee makers.
The Vietnamese Coffee Dripper(coffee maker) originally invented by French and Dutch settlers who occupied the lands of Vietnam during the 18th century. In essence, Vietnam coffee is brewed using the Vietnam coffee dripper(coffee maker) and usually drunk with condensed milk or ice. When brewing with this coffee dripper, the result is a full-bodied coffee with a very intense taste.
The coffee infuses slowly into the container and is falling through the filer into the coffee mug, so it takes some time to be ready. The time is controlled in two ways:
- The compaction or pressing of the ground coffee, the longer it will take to infuse
- If the holes of the filter are small, it will take a longer time to infuse
While, the longer the infusion time, the higher the body and intensity of the resulting coffee. Typically, the process takes 4 to 5 minutes.
There is a blog post by the owner on the process.
Product video here on Youtube
How to use Vietnamese coffee filter
- Add 25g Dark roasted coffee, ground medium to coarse, in to filter
- Screw down pressure plate on top of the coffee
- Place Brewer on top of glass or cup
- Pour in a small amount of boiling water and wait 1min
- Then add the rest of the water up to the top of the brewer
- Place lid on and let drip slowly into your cup below
- Pour coffee over ice, sweetened as desired and enjoy!
1. How long does it take to deliver this item to me?
All our items will be dispatched on the same day you make the payment and sent to you from Auckland by NZ Post on the second day. Normally it takes 2-4 working days to arrive at your address. (NZ post's performance is not very stable, but most of the time they can make it)
2. Can I return the product and get a refund if I am not happy about it?
Yes of course! You have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.